WWI German 1st Guards Grenadier, Ceremonial Uniform, Version B
The 1st (Emperor Alexander) Guards Grenadier regiment was formed after the Napoleonic wars of liberation on 14 October 1814 by order of King Frederick William 111 of Prussia. It was named in honour of Tsar Alexander 1 of Russia, who was also its first colonel in chief. Parts of the formation had distinguished themselves in the 1807 siege of Kolberg, where most of its officers were decorated with the Iron Cross or the order Pour le Merite after this action. The regiment was elevated to the rank of a royal guard on 18 February 1820 and based in Berlin at Alexander Platze before moving to larger barracks also in Berlin. The Guards Grenadiers later saw active service in the Franco Prussian war of 1870 and during WW1.
2 in stock